145th Street (Manhattan)
145th Street is a major crosstown street in the Harlem neighborhood, in the New York City borough of Manhattan. It is one of the 15 crosstown streets mapped out in the Commissioner's Plan of 1811 that established the numbered street grid in Manhattan. It forms the northern border of the Sugar Hill neighborhood within Harlem.
145th Street starts on the West Side at the Henry Hudson Parkway (New York State Route 907V), crossing Riverside Drive, Broadway, Amsterdam Avenue, Convent Avenue and Saint Nicholas Avenue. The street passes Edgecombe Avenue and Bradhurst Avenue, where 145 Street forms the southern border of Jackie Robinson Park. The street continues, crossing Frederick Douglass Boulevard, Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard and Lenox Avenue, before crossing over the Harlem River Drive and then connecting to The Bronx over the Harlem River via the 145th Street Bridge.
Subway stations are, west to east:
- 145th Street serving the 1 route at Broadway
- 145th Street serving the A, B, C, and D routes at Saint Nicholas Avenue
- 145th Street serving the 3 route at Lenox Avenue
- REMARKS OF THE COMMISSIONERS FOR LAYING OUT STREETS AND ROADS IN THE CITY OF NEW YORK, UNDER THE ACT OF APRIL 3, 1807, accessed May 2, 2007. "These streets are all sixty feet wide except fifteen, which are one hundred feet wide, viz.: Numbers fourteen, twenty-three, thirty-four, forty-two, fifty-seven, seventy-two, seventy-nine, eighty-six, ninety-six, one hundred and six, one hundred and sixteen, one hundred and twenty-five, one hundred and thirty-five, one hundred and forty-five, and one hundred and fifty-five--the block or space between them being in general about two hundred feet."
- Bx19 Bus Timetable Archived 2007-09-26 at the Wayback Machine, New York City Bus, effective September 2007. Accessed January 7, 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 145th Street (Manhattan).|
- 145th STREET, Hamilton Heights Forgotten-NY Guide to 145th Street
|This article relating to roads and streets in New York City is a stub. You can help Deep web by expanding it.|