|Location||1500 Broadway, New York City, United States|
|Roof||392 ft (119 m)|
|Floor area||500,000 square feet (46,000 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Developer||Arlen Realty and Development Corporation|
|Structural engineer||Rosenwasser / Grossman Consulting Engineers, P.C.|
1500 Broadway is a skyscraper located in Times Square, New York City. The skyscraper was completed in 1972 by Arlen Realty & Development Corporation, with a height of 119 meters (390 feet), and has 34 floors. 1500 Broadway is famous for the seven-story NASDAQ ticker tape display that wraps around the building and for the glass-fronted studio of ABC's Good Morning America television show.
Replacing the Hotel Claridge that figured prominently in the 1969 film Midnight Cowboy, 1500 Broadway occupies an entire block front on the east side of Broadway between 43rd Street and 44th Street, and comprises 500,000 square feet of office and retail space. The property was acquired by Tamares Group in 1995.
Tenants include ABC Studios, Disney, NASDAQ, Sunrise Brokers LLC, Hewitt Associates, Fair Isaac, Starbucks, Essence Magazine, Edelman Public Relations Worldwide, and IIG Capital. The Beijing-based, English-language newspaper China Daily publishes a U.S. edition which is also based at 1500 Broadway.
Times Square Studios
The 1500 Broadway building has been host to ABC Studios and Times Square Studios since 1985. Times Square Studios is a television studio located in Times Square, New York City. The studio is best known as the home of ABC's Good Morning America.
- "1500 Broadway", Emporis. Retrieved on 29 June 2013.
- "Times Square", Tamares. Retrieved on 29 June 2013. Archived 2013-07-02.
- "1500 Broadway | Times Square Plaza | New York City". 1500bdwy.com. Retrieved September 30, 2012.
- Fung, Amanda (July 10, 2012). "Trade finance firm nearly doubles Times Sq. HQ | Crain's New York Business". Crainsnewyork.com. Retrieved September 30, 2012.
- "China Daily USA Contact Us". China Daily Information Co. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- "Brochure", 1500 Broadway. Retrieved on 26 June 2013.