2015 Punta del Este ePrix
|2015 Punta del Este ePrix|
|Race 3 of 10 of the 2015–16 Formula E season|
Layout of the Punta del Este Street Circuit
|Date||19 December 2015|
|Official name||2015 FIA Formula E Julius Baer Punta del Este ePrix|
|Location||Punta del Este, Uruguay|
|Course length||2.79 km (1.73 mi)|
|Distance||33 laps, 91.91 km (57.11 mi)|
|Driver||Sébastien Buemi||Renault e.Dams|
|Time||1:17.413 on lap 23|
The 2015 Punta del Este ePrix (officially the 2015 FIA Formula E Julius Baer Punta del Este ePrix) was a Formula E motor race held on 19 December 2015 at the Punta del Este Street Circuit in Punta del Este, Uruguay. It was the second Punta del Este ePrix and the third championship race of the 2015–16 Formula E season, the second season of the single-seater, electrically powered racing car series. The race was won by Swiss driver Sébastien Buemi from team Renault e.Dams.
For this year, the circuit was slightly modified. The first corner was changed, instead of a right-left chicane it is now left-right. The idea behind this change is to make the pit exit much safer than last year, where the cars were exiting the pits on the racing line.
Mahindra driver Nick Heidfeld missed the event, after undergoing surgery to repair ligament damage in his wrist after a crash at the previous race in Putrajaya. He was replaced by Formula Renault 3.5 champion Oliver Rowland, from Great Britain.
Team Trulli withdrew from the championship after failing to enter their new drivetrain for the first two events. Therefore, only 18 drivers participated in this race and also for the rest of the season.
|1||9||Sébastien Buemi||Renault e.Dams||33||45:59.697||5||271|
|2||11||Lucas di Grassi||ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport||33||+3.534||4||18|
|3||7||Jérôme d'Ambrosio||Dragon Racing||33||+6.725||1||182|
|4||6||Loïc Duval||Dragon Racing||33||+6.807||2||12|
|5||8||Nicolas Prost||Renault e.dams||33||+21.057||6||10|
|6||55||António Félix da Costa||Team Aguri||33||+22.410||8||8|
|7||25||Jean-Éric Vergne||DS Virgin Racing||33||+57.726||17||6|
|8||66||Daniel Abt||ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport||33||+1:00.744||7||4|
|10||27||Robin Frijns||Amlin Andretti||33||+1:03.840||11||1|
|11||28||Simona de Silvestro||Amlin Andretti||32||+1 lap||15|
|12||88||Oliver Turvey||NEXTEV TCR||32||+1 lap||10|
|13||23||Oliver Rowland||Mahindra Racing||32||+1 lap||16|
|14||77||Nathanaël Berthon||Team Aguri||32||+1 lap||14|
|15||1||Nelson Piquet, Jr.||NEXTEV TCR||31||Contact||12|
|Ret||21||Bruno Senna||Mahindra Racing||26||Damage||9|
|Ret||2||Sam Bird||DS Virgin Racing||17||Battery||3|
|DNS||12||Jacques Villeneuve||Venturi||0||Crash Damage3||—|
- ^1 – Two points for fastest lap.
- ^2 – Three points for pole position.
- ^3 – Jacques Villeneuve did not start the race due to the heavy accident during Friday's qualifying session, he had to withdraw.
Standings after the race
- Notes: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- "Bank Julius Baer returns as title sponsor in Punta del Este". Formula E Holdings Limited. 17 December 2015.
- "Round 3 – 19 December 2015 – Punta del Este, Uruguay". Formula E. Formula E Holdings Limited. Archived from the original on 14 November 2015. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "Buemi back on top". Formula E Holdings Limited. 19 December 2015. Archived from the original on 25 April 2016. Retrieved 20 December 2015.
- "Punta del Este ePrix - Circuit guide". FIA Formula E. 2015-12-09.
- "Oliver Rowland replaces injured Heidfeld". Formula E. Formula E Holdings Limited. 4 December 2015. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- "Trulli Formula E Team announce withdrawal from championship". fiaformulae.com. 15 December 2015.
- "Villenueve to miss Punta race". FIA Formula E. 19 December 2015. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- "PUNTA DEL ESTE ePRIX — Official FIA Formula E Championship". fiaformulae.com. FIA. Archived from the original on 22 December 2015. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2015 Punta del Este ePrix.|
2015 Putrajaya ePrix
|FIA Formula E Championship
2016 Buenos Aires ePrix
2014 Punta del Este ePrix
|Punta del Este ePrix||Next race:|
2018 Punta del Este ePrix