BJP Minority Morcha
BJP Minority Morcha is the official minority wing of the Bharatiya Janata Party, one of two major political parties in India. In November 2011, the Minority Morcha asked the party leadership to drop its demand for a Uniform Civil Code, but it stood by the party's stand of opposing any reservation based on religious affiliation. However, in October 2015, the Morcha endorsed the views of Union Law Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda, who stated that the Uniform Civil Code was necessary. In July 2012, a one-day workshop on "Welfare of Minorities through Good Governance" was held in New Delhi in which members and chairpersons of minority-related government organisations of BJP-ruled states participated. The workshop was inaugurated by the BJP president, who asked the participants to deliver through good governance and win the hearts of the community.
- "BJP Muslim leaders in state for 'minority report'".
- "Drop uniform civil code demand, BJP minority wing tells leadership".
- "Support for Uniform Civil Code".
- "With eye on 2014, BJP to shed 'anti-Muslim' tag". 14 July 2012. Archived from the original on 14 July 2012.
- Staff (25 May 2007). "BJP Minority morcha to correct the party image among Muslims". oneindia.com. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- Bharatiya Janata Party — Official website