Cedar Lake (New York)
|Location||Hamilton County, New York,|
|Coordinates||Coordinates: , |
|Primary inflows||Beaver Pond|
|Primary outflows||Cedar River|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Surface area||439 acres (1.78 km2)|
|Average depth||11 feet (3.4 m)|
|Max. depth||40 feet (12 m)|
|Shore length1||6.4 miles (10.3 km)|
|Surface elevation||2,441 feet (744 m)|
|Settlements||Sled Harbor, New York|
|1 Shore length is not a well-defined measure.|
Cedar Lake is located northwest of Sled Harbor, New York. Fish species present in the lake are brook trout, black bullhead, and white sucker. There is trail access on the north and west shores from Sled Harbor. There is also trail access to Whitney Lake. No motors are allowed on this lake.
Tributaries and locations
- Beaver Pond – An 87 acre lake that is located to the northwest of the main Cedar Lake. Beaver Pond is connected to Cedar Lake by a channel. It has one unnamed island. Beaver Pond has a maximum depth of 4 feet (1.2 m).
- Goodluck Mountain – A mounted located on the edge of the lake between Pillsbury Bay and Noisey Inlet bay.
- Noisey Inlet – A bay of the lake located near the outlet of the lake.
- Pillsbury Bay – A bay of the lake located by the southern end of the lake.
- "Cedar Lake". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- "Cedar lake". dec.ny.gov. nysdec. 1998. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- Sportsman's Connection (Firm) (2011-01-01), Central Southeastern Adirondacks New York fishing map guide: includes lakes & streams for the following counties: Fulton, Hamilton, Saratoga, Warren, Washington., Sportsman's Connection, ISBN 9781885010667, retrieved 2017-05-09