Central School (Ticonderoga, New York)
|Location||324 Champlain Ave., Ticonderoga, New York|
|Area||1.6 acres (0.65 ha)|
|Architectural style||Tudor Revival, Jacobean Revival|
|NRHP reference #||88002202|
|Added to NRHP||November 15, 1988|
Central School was a historic school building located at Ticonderoga in Essex County, New York. It was built in 1906 and was a 2 1⁄2-story, eleven-bay-wide by seven-bay-deep brick building with Jacobean Revival style features. The features included parapeted gables, round arched entrances, and a steeply pitched multi-gabled roof. A rear 1 1⁄2-story addition had a slate hipped roof. It was built on the site of the Academy, Ticonderoga's first high school. It was used as a school until 1967; from 1967 to 1984 it was used as a civic center for community activities.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- Bonnie Wilkinson (May 1988). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Central School". New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2010-06-26.
|This article about a historic property or district in Essex County, New York, that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a stub. You can help Deep web by expanding it.|