Central University of Kashmir
|Motto||Knowledge is Power|
|Chancellor||Syed Ata Hasnain|
Central University of Kashmir, formerly Central University of Jammu and Kashmir, is a central university located in Jammu and Kashmir, India. It currently operates from a transit campuses at Sonwar Bagh, Srinagar, with a planned campus in Ganderbal.
Central University of Kashmir offers a three-year bachelor's degree in vocational studies (BVoc), a five-year integrated programme in Law (BA-LLB), five-year integrated BSc-MSc programmes (in biotechnology, mathematics, physics and zoology), and postgraduate programmes, including LLM, MA, MBA, MSc, MTech and MTTM. At present, the available disciplines are Biotechnology, Business Administration, Comparative Religion, Computer Science, Convergent Journalism, Economics, Education, English, Information Technology, Law, Mathematics, Physics, Political Science, Teacher Education, Travel & Tourism Management, Urdu, Vocational Studies, and Zoology. Recently,[when?] the research programmes like Integrated MPhil/PhD in Economics, Education, English, Management Studies, Mathematics, Travel & Tourism Management, Urdu and PhD in Law have been started. Srikumar Banerjee was appointed the first Chancellor of the University, and Abdul Wahid Qureshi the first vice chancellor. The present Vice Chancellor is Mehraj-ud-Din Mir..
The University comprises the following departments:
- School of Business Studies
- School of Education
- School of Engineering & Technology
- School of Languages
- School of Legal Studies
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Media Studies
- School of Physical & Chemical Sciences
- School of Social Sciences
- "Association of Commonwealth Universities Membars-Asia". Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- "List of Central Universities as on 29.06.2017" (PDF). UGC. 29 June 2017. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "Welcome To The Official Website | Central University of Kashmir". cukashmir.ac.in. Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- "Postgraduate - Current Programs". Archived from the original on 29 May 2010. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- "Admission notice" (PDF). Retrieved 24 April 2014.
|This article about a university or college in Jammu and Kashmir, India is a stub. You can help Deep web by expanding it.|