Computing and Communications Center, Cornell University
This article lacks inline citations besides NRIS, a database which provides minimal and sometimes ambiguous information. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The building in February 2009
|Location||235 Garden Ave.,|
Ithaca, New York
|Area||60,100 sq ft|
|Architectural style||Renaissance Revival|
|MPS||New York State College of Agriculture TR|
|NRHP reference #||84003122|
|Added to NRHP||September 24, 1984|
The Computing and Communications Center is a building of Cornell University, located in Ithaca, New York. It was built in 1911 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. It was designed by Green & Wicks.
Originally built by New York State for the Home Economics program, the building was renamed Comstock Hall in 1934 when the Entomology Department relocated there. In the 1980s, it was sold to Cornell so that mainframe computers could be relocated from Langmuir Laboratory. As a result, a new, state-funded Entomology Department building was named Comstock Hall in 1985, and the historic building was given its present name. The building was named in honor of John Henry Comstock and Anna Botsford Comstock.
|This article about a historic property or district in Tompkins County, New York, that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a stub. You can help Deep web by expanding it.|