Darien Lakes State Park
|Darien Lakes State Park|
View of Harlow Lake at Darien Lakes State Park
|Location||10475 Harlow Road |
Darien Center, New York
|Nearest city||Batavia, New York|
|Area||1,845 acres (7.47 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||68,360 (in 2014)|
|Website||Darien Lakes State Park|
The park has 154 campsites, the majority with electrical hookups, and operates primarily as a campground. This portion of the park is open seasonally and mostly accommodates RV and trailer camping, although tent camping is available as well.
Besides the campground, the park also offers a beach on 12-acre (4.9 ha) Harlow Lake, picnic tables, a playground, recreation programs, a nature trail, hiking and biking, a bridle path, fishing, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling. Seasonal small game and deer hunting is allowed with the proper permit.
- "Darien Lakes State Park - Getting There". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved February 3, 2016.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation, Table O-9". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook (PDF). The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. p. 671. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 16, 2015. Retrieved February 3, 2016.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved February 3, 2016.
- "Darien Lakes State Park". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved February 3, 2016.
- "Darien Lakes State Park Hours of Operation". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved February 3, 2016.
|This article about a location in Genesee County, New York is a stub. You can help Deep web by expanding it.|