|Princely State of British India|
Location of Dhragandhra State in Saurashtra
|3,023 km2 (1,167 sq mi)|
|Today part of||India|
|Princely States of India|
Dhrangadhra State was a princely state during the British Raj. The town of Dhrangadhra served as its capital. It was also known as Halvad-Dhrangadhra State. Halvad once had been the capital of this state. In 1735, Dhrangadhra was founded as its new capital.
The state was founded as zalawad in 1090 by Harpal Dev Makwana. In 1742 Dhrangadhra, a new capital, was founded and the state was renamed after it. Among the earlier names were Kuwa and Halwad; the state is still sometimes styled Halwad(-Dhrangadhra). In 1820-21, the northern portion of the dhrangadhra was plundered and devastated by Kolis of Vagad of Cutch State.
Under the British Raj, the colonial Eastern Kathiawar Agency was in charge of Dhrangadhra, which was a salute state entitled to a Hereditary salute of 13-guns. The state had a population of 100,000 in 1892 on 3,023 Square Kilometers km². The privy purse was fixed at 380,000 Rupees when it ceased to exist by accession to recently independent India's western state Saurashtra (now in Gujarat) on 15 February 1948.
Raj Sahibs of Dhrangadhra
- Raisinhji II Pratapsinhji,
- Gajsinhji II Raisinhji, Raj Sahib of Dhrangadhra 1744?45 - death 1782,
- Jashwantsinhji II Gajsinhji, born 17.. firstborn of the above, 38th Raja 1782 - death 1801;
- Raniji Jijibai Kunverba - 1758 - 1782
- Raisinhji III Jashwantsinhji, born 1761 son of the above, 39th Raja 1801 - death 1804
- Amarsinhji II Raisinhji, born 1782 firstborn of the above, 40th Raj Sahib 1804 - death 9 April 1843
- Ranmalsinhji Amarsinhji, Raj Sahib 9 April 1843 – death 16 October 1869,
- Mansinhji II Ranmalsinhji, born 1837, Raja 16 Oct 1869 - 2 Dec 1900 (from 1 Jan 1877)
- 2 Dec 1900 - 8 Feb 1911 Ajitsinhji Jashwantsinhji,
- TO BE FURTHER ELABORATED
- 8 Feb 1911 - 1 Jan 1918 Ganshyamsinhji Ajitsinhji (b. 1889 - d. 1942)
Maharaja Shri Raj Sahibs of Dhrangadhra
- 1 Jan 1918 - 4 Feb 1942 Sir Ganshyamsinhji Ajitsinhji (s.a.)
- 4 Feb 1942 – 15 August 1947 Mayurdhwajsinhji Meghrajji III (b. 1923 - d. 2010)
-  Surendranagar India. Superintendent of Census Operations, Gujarat - Director, Government Print. and Stationery, Gujarat State, 1964.
- Watson, John Whaley (1878). Statistical Account of Dhrángadhrá: Being the Dhrángadhrá Contribution to the Káthiáwár Portion of the Bombay Gazetteer. Education society's Press.
- State), Bombay (India : (1884). Gazetteer of the Bombay Presidency ... Government Central Press.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "Indian states before 1947 A-J". rulers.org. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- "Indian Princely States before 1947 A-J". www.worldstatesmen.org. Retrieved 17 August 2019.