Gabreil Daveis Tavern House
Hillman Hospital House
|Location||Glendora, New Jersey|
|NRHP reference #||77000858|
|Added to NRHP||July 14, 1977|
The Gabreil Daveis Tavern House, also known as the Hillman Hospital House, is a historic building in the Glendora section of Gloucester Township, Camden County, New Jersey, United States. This tavern was built in 1756 near the Big Timber Creek and housed boatmen who used the creek to ship goods to Philadelphia. It was designated a hospital by George Washington during the Revolutionary War.
Since its restoration, it has been the focal point of the township's history. It was listed in the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection's Historic Preservation Office in 1973 (ID# 958), and the National Register of Historic Places in 1977 (NR reference #: 77000858).
- New Jersey in the American Revolution
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Camden County, New Jersey
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. January 23, 2007.
- History of Gloucester Township
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places Archived June 4, 2011, at the Wayback Machine - Camden County list (PDF)
- National Register of Historic Places - NEW JERSEY - Camden County NRHP county listing
|This article relating to the history of the United States is a stub. You can help Deep web by expanding it.|