Govt. Gandhi Memorial Science College
Gandhi Memorial Science College, commonly known as G.G.M. Science College, formerly Prince of Wales College, established in 1905 is a NAAC accredited A grade college located in the city of Jammu, in Jammu & Kashmir, India. The college's undergraduate program provides Bachelor of Science degrees in various subject combinations, which are three-year programs. The school also offers postgraduate education degrees in English and Geology, Bachelor of Computer Application degrees, and certificate courses in the areas of computer applications, web designing and industrial electronics.
The following are departments of the college.
- Library science
- Physical Education
In July 2015, the college was designated as "heritage status" by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India, which serves to enable funds for school upgrades and improvements.
Gandhi Memorial Science College Ground
|Location||Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir|
|As of 26 August, 2015|
The Gandhi Memorial Science College Ground is a playing ground located at the Govt. Gandhi Memorial Science College. The ground hosts matches for Jammu & Kashmir cricket team. The hosted his first match in 1976 between Jammu & Kashmir cricket team and Punjab cricket team. Until December 2013, the ground hosted 18 first-class matches.
- Gupta, E.K.R. (2001). Directory Of Libraries In India 2 Vols. Set, 3Rd Rev. Ed. Atlantic Publishers & Distributors (P) Limited. p. 175. ISBN 978-81-7156-985-4.
- "Subject Combination". Govt. Gandhi Memorial Science College. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Courses offered". Govt. Gandhi Memorial Science College. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Teaching Departments". Govt. Gandhi Memorial Science College. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "UGC grants heritage status to 19 colleges in India". GulfNews.com. 5 July 2015. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- First-class Matches