John Jay Homestead State Historic Site
John Jay Homestead
Front view of house in 2007.
|Architect||John Cooley and Moses Winian|
|NRHP reference #||72000918|
|Added to NRHP||July 24, 1972|
|Designated NHL||May 29, 1981|
John Jay Homestead State Historic Site is the home of statesman John Jay, first Chief Justice of the United States, located in Katonah, New York. Also known as Bedford House and John Jay House, it is a New York State Historic Site and National Historic Landmark.
In 1977, the non-profit Friends of John Jay Homestead was founded to increase public awareness of the site. It raises funds and provides volunteer assistance for the Homestead's preservation, restoration and interpretation.
- List of National Historic Landmarks in New York
- List of New York State Historic Sites
- National Register of Historic Places listings in northern Westchester County, New York
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. January 23, 2007.
- "John Jay Homestead". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. 2007-09-15. Archived from the original on 2012-10-10.
- Magnet, Myron. The Founders at Home: The Building of America, 1735-1817. W. W. Norton, 2013, page 261.
- Lynn A. Beebe (April 4, 1979). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory-Nomination: John Jay Homestead" (pdf). National Park Service. Cite journal requires
|journal=(help) and Accompanying 30 photos, exterior, from 1979 and undated (6.22 MB)
- Media related to John Jay Homestead State Historic Site at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) No. NY-4393, "John Jay House, State Route 22, Katonah, Westchester County, NY", 16 photos, 2 color transparencies, 2 data pages
|This article about a historic property or district in Westchester County, New York, that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a stub. You can help Deep web by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in New York is a stub. You can help Deep web by expanding it.|