Karen Dunn Kelley
Karen Dunn Kelley
|United States Deputy Secretary of Commerce|
|Assumed office |
November 28, 2018
|Preceded by||Bruce H. Andrews|
|Under Secretary of Commerce for Economic Affairs|
September 22, 2017 – November 28, 2018
|Preceded by||Mark Doms|
|Education||Villanova University (BS)|
Karen Dunn Kelley is an American financial investment manager and government official who currently serves as Deputy Secretary of Commerce. Prior to her appointment to the Department of Commerce, she was senior managing director of investments at Invesco.
Kelley began her career at Drexel Burnham Lambert, where she worked on the Fixed Income High Grade Retail Desk and eventually became vice president in the bond department. She joined Invesco in 1989 as a money market portfolio manager. In 1992, Kelley became chief money market and government officer at the company. In 2007, she was named head of Invesco's fixed income and cash management team. In 2011, she became the firm's senior managing director of investments.
U.S. Department of Commerce
Kelley was unanimously confirmed by the U.S. Senate to serve as Under Secretary of Commerce for Economic Affairs on August 3, 2017, and she was subsequently sworn in on September 22, 2017. She assumed the duties of acting Deputy Secretary of Commerce upon being sworn in to the position of Undersecretary. President Donald Trump later announced on June 4, 2018, that Kelley would be nominated to serve full-time in the position of Deputy Secretary. The United States Senate confirmed Kelley to be Deputy Secretary of the Department of Commerce in a 62-38 vote on November 28, 2018.
- "PN516 — Karen Dunn Kelley — Department of Commerce". Congress.gov. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- Vasan, Paula (May 19, 2015). "Karen Dunn Kelley, Top Women In Asset Management Awards Winner". Financial Planning. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- "Ten Nominations and One Withdrawal Sent to the Senate Today". The White House. May 25, 2017. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- "Karen Dunn Kelley Becomes Head of Invesco Fixed Income". Crane Data. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- United States Department of Commerce. "Karen Dunn Kelley, Under Secretary for Economic Affairs, performing the nonexclusive duties of the Deputy Secretary of Commerce". Retrieved June 21, 2018.
- Gillis, Chris. "Kelley steps in as acting deputy commerce secretary". American Shipper. Retrieved June 21, 2018.
- The White House. "Eight Nominations Sent to the Senate Today". Retrieved June 21, 2018.
- "US Senate Roll Call Votes 115th Congress - 2nd Session". US Senate. United States Government Publishing Office. Retrieved November 29, 2018.
Bruce H. Andrews
| United States Deputy Secretary of Commerce