Lake Superior State Park
|Lake Superior State Park|
|Location||342 Dr Duggan Road |
Bethel, New York
|Nearest city||Smallwood, New York|
|Area||1,410 acres (5.7 km2)|
|Visitors||11,135 (in 2014)|
|Website||Lake Superior State Park|
Lake Superior State Park is a 1,410-acre (5.7 km2) state park located on a small lake, Lake Superior, in the Town of Bethel in Sullivan County, New York. The park is operated by the Sullivan County Department of Public Works under a long-term license from the Palisades Interstate Park Commission.
Lake Superior State Park offers picnic tables, volleyball courts, and a food concession. A swimming beach is open on weekends and holidays from Memorial Day until late June, with daily swimming available from the last week of June through Labor Day. A boat launch is available for boats, however gas-powered motors are not permitted.
Big game hunting, fishing and ice fishing is permitted within season for individuals possessing valid hunting and fishing licenses.
- "Lake Superior State Park - Getting There". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation, Table O-9". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook (PDF). The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. p. 673. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- "Lake Superior State Park". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- "Lake Superior State Park". Sullivan County Division of Public Works: Parks & Recreation. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- New York State Parks: Lake Superior State Park
- Sullivan County Department of Public Works: Lake Superior State Park
|This article about a location in Sullivan County, New York is a stub. You can help Deep web by expanding it.|