List of anti-cultural, anti-national, and anti-ethnic terms
|Part of a series on|
The following is a list of anti-cultural, anti-national, and anti-ethnic terms, where "anti-cultural" means sentiments of hostility towards a particular culture, "anti-national" refers to sentiments of hostility towards a particular state or other national administrative entity, and "anti-ethnic" refers to ethnic hatred or sentiments of hostility towards an ethnic group.
The use of all of these terms is controversial, as they tend to be used prominently in local rhetorical appeals to fallacy—namely the natural confusion between politically directed opposition and ethnically directed hostility, often deliberately disregarding this distinction for propaganda purposes.
These discriminatory attitudes are similar in nature to various religion-based hostile movements, such as Christianophobia and Anti-Catholicism, based on the mixture of xenophobia and ideological/political opposition.
- Anti-Australian sentiment
- Anti-British sentiment
- Anti-Chilean sentiment
- Anti-Chinese sentiment
- Anti-Dutch sentiment
- Anti-English sentiment
- Anti-Estonian sentiment
- Anti-Filipino sentiment
- Anti-Georgian sentiment
- Anti-German sentiment
- Anti-Hispanic sentiment
- Anti-Hungarian sentiment
- Anti-Igbo sentiment
- Anti-Iranian sentiment
- Anti-Irish sentiment
- Anti-Japanese sentiment
- Anti-Korean sentiment
- Anti-Kurdish sentiment
- Anti-Malay racism
- Anti-Mexican sentiment
- Anti-Polish sentiment
- Anti-Romanian sentiment
- Anti-Russian sentiment
- Anti-Scottish sentiment
- Racial antisemitism
- Anti-Serbian sentiment
- Anti-Slavic sentiment
- Anti-Spanish sentiment
- Anti-Somali sentiment
- Anti-Soviet sentiment
- Anti-Thai sentiment
- Anti-Turkish sentiment
- Anti-Ukrainian sentiment
- Anti-Vietnamese sentiment
- Anti-Welsh sentiment
While religion related phobias are formally defined as negative attitudes towards religions, they can also include negative attitudes towards cultures that are associated with specific religions.
- Anti-Eastern Orthodox sentiment
- Anti-Buddhist sentiment
- Albanophobia – fear, dislike or hatred of Albanians.
- Anglophobia – fear or dislike of England, English culture, English language, Germanic people etc.
- Atheophobia – fear, dislike, and hatred of atheism, atheists, and/or anything atheistic.
- Christophobia – fear, dislike and hatred of Christianity, Christians and things Christian.
- Francophobia – fear or dislike of the French.
- Germanophobia – fear or dislike of Germans
- Hibernophobia – fear, dislike or hatred of the Irish.
- Hungarophobia – fear, dislike of the Hungarians
- Hispanophobia – fear, dislike or hatred of Hispanics
- Indophobia – fear or hatred of Indians and Hindu culture in particular.
- Islamophobia – fear, dislike and hatred of Islam, Muslims and things Islamic.
- Italophobia – fear or dislike of Italians.
- Japanophobia or Nipponophobia – fear or hatred of the Japanese.
- Judeophobia – fear or hatred of Jews. Antisemitism relates to Jews as a race, while Judeophobia relates to Judaism as a religion.
- Lusophobia – fear, dislike or hatred of the Portuguese
- Polonophobia – fear or dislike of Poles, Polish culture, etc.
- Russophobia – fear of Russia or Russians.
- Serbophobia – fear, dislike or hatred of Serbs.
- Sinophobia – fear or dislike of the Chinese, Chinese culture, etc.
- Turkophobia – fear, dislike or hatred of Turks.