M. Jane Brady
M. Jane Brady
|Attorney General of Delaware|
January 3, 1995 – December 7, 2005
Ruth Ann Minner
|Preceded by||Charles Oberly|
|Succeeded by||Carl Danberg|
|Born||1951 (age 68–69)|
Wilmington, Delaware, U.S
|Education||University of Delaware, Newark (BA)|
Villanova University (JD)
M. Jane Brady is an American attorney and judge. She was the Attorney General of Delaware from 1995 to 2005, the first woman to serve in that position. Since 2005, she has been a judge on the Delaware Superior Court.
Brady became an attorney in 1977. She then proceeded to serve as a prosecutor for twelve years, followed by four years of private law practice, which then culminated in her 1994 election as Delaware's first female attorney general in 1994, elected as a Republican. She was re-elected in 1998 and 2002.
- Alumni Wall of Fame, University of Delaware (1996)
Brady's husband is Michael Neal. Brady's adopted son is Trent.
- List of people from Delaware
- List of female state attorneys-general in the United States
- 1990 United States Senate election in Delaware
- O'Sullivan, Sean (December 8, 2005). "Judge Brady Sworn In, Opens Up". delawareonline.com/newsjournal. Retrieved June 8, 2015.
- "M. Jane Brady". ballotpedia.org. Retrieved July 6, 2019.
- "Alumni Wall of Fame Inductee - 1996 M. Jane Brady". udconnection.com. 1996. Retrieved July 6, 2019.
- "Lewes mom is Delaware Mother of Achievement". delmarvanow.com. April 2, 2015. Retrieved July 6, 2019.
|Party political offices|
| Republican nominee for U.S. Senator from Delaware