National Register of Historic Places listings in Maine
There are approximately 1,600 properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the U.S. State of Maine. Each of the state's 16 counties has more than forty listings on the National Register.
Current listings by county
The following are approximate tallies of current listings by county. These counts are based on entries in the National Register Information Database as of April 24, 2008 and new weekly listings posted since then on the National Register of Historic Places web site. There are frequent additions to the listings and occasional delistings and the counts here are approximate and not official. New entries are added to the official Register on a weekly basis. Also, the counts in this table exclude boundary increase and decrease listings which only modify the area covered by an existing property or district, although carrying a separate National Register reference number.
|County||# of Sites|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Maine.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Maine
- List of bridges on the National Register of Historic Places in Maine
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on February 21, 2020.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. April 24, 2008.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service. Retrieved January 2, 2009.
- Weekly List Actions, National Register of Historic Places website
- The following sites are listed in multiple counties: Arnold Trail to Quebec (Franklin, Kennebec, Sagadahoc, and Somerset), Georges River Canal (Knox and Waldo), Porter-Parsonfield Bridge (Oxford and York), Ryefield Bridge (Oxford and Cumberland), Whitney Farm (Knox and Waldo), and Shaker Village (Androscoggin and Cumberland).