National Register of Historic Places listings in Ohio
This is a list of properties and districts in Ohio that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. There are over 3,900 in total. Of these, 73 are National Historic Landmarks. There are listings in each of Ohio's 88 counties.
The locations of National Register properties and districts (at least for all showing latitude and longitude coordinates below), may be seen in an online map by clicking on "Map of all coordinates".
Current listings by county
The following are approximate tallies of current listings by county. These counts are based on entries in the National Register Information Database as of April 24, 2008 and new weekly listings posted since then on the National Register of Historic Places web site. There are frequent additions to the listings and occasional delistings and the counts here are approximate and not official. New entries are added to the official Register on a weekly basis. Also, the counts in this table exclude boundary increase and decrease listings which modify the area covered by an existing property or district and which carry a separate National Register reference number.
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Ohio
- List of bridges on the National Register of Historic Places in Ohio
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Ohio.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on November 29, 2019.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. April 24, 2008.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service. Retrieved January 2, 2009.
- Weekly List Actions, National Register of Historic Places website
- Fairhill Road Village Historic District (Cleveland and Cleveland Heights), Garfield Memorial (Cleveland and Cleveland Heights), Shaker Village Historic District (Cleveland, Cleveland Heights, and Shaker Heights), Woodland-Larchmere Commercial Historic District (Cleveland and Shaker Heights)
- The Over-the-Rhine Historic District is split between eastern and western Cincinnati.
- The Valley Railway Historic District is split between Akron and several other communities in Summit County
- The following sites are listed in multiple counties: Adams-Gray House (Coshocton and Muskingum), Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge (Cuyahoga and Summit), Dean Road Bridge (Erie and Lorain), Hocking Valley Railway Historic District (Athens and Hocking), Interurban Bridge (Lucas and Wood), Jaite Mill Historic District (Cuyahoga and Summit), Lockington Locks Historical Area (Miami and Shelby), Lynchburg Covered Bridge (Clinton and Highland), Miami and Erie Canal Deep Cut (Allen and Auglaize), Muskingum River Navigation Historic District (Coshocton, Morgan, Muskingum, and Washington), Ohio and Erie Canal (Cuyahoga and Summit), Plymouth Historic District (Huron and Richland), Seven Ranges Terminus (Carroll, Stark, and Tuscarawas), Station Road Bridge (Cuyahoga and Summit), and Valley Railway Historic District (Cuyahoga and Summit).