Orient Point Light
|Location||Off Orient point, north eastern tip of Long Island, NY, Oyster pond reef, Plum gut|
|Year first constructed||1899|
|Year first lit||1899|
|Foundation||Cast iron caisson|
|Construction||Cast iron plate with brick lining|
|Tower shape||Black conical tower with white band in center, "Spark plug"|
|Tower height||16 metre|
|Focal height||64 feet (20 m)|
|Original lens||Fifth order Fresnel lens 1899|
|Range||17 nautical miles (31 km; 20 mi)|
|Characteristic||Fixed white light|
|Fog signal||HORN: 2 blasts ev 30s (2s bl-2s si-2s bl-24s si).|
|USCG number||1-21095 |
|Heritage||place listed on the National Register of Historic Places|
Orient Point Light Station
|Nearest city||Orient, New York|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Architect||U.S. Lighthouse Board|
|MPS||Light Stations of the United States MPS|
|NRHP reference #||06001229|
|Added to NRHP||January 9, 2007|
The Archives Center at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History has a collection (#1055) of souvenir postcards of lighthouses and has digitized 272 of these and made them available online. These include postcards of Orient Point Light with links to customized nautical charts provided by National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Fl. W. 5s according to Light List.
- Light List, Volume I, Atlantic Coast, St. Croix River, Maine to Shrewsbury River, New Jersey (PDF). Light List. United States Coast Guard. 2010. p. 195.
- "Historic Light Station Information and Photography: New York". United States Coast Guard Historian's Office. 2009-08-08. Archived from the original on 2017-05-01.
- ARLHS World List of Lights
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- Daniel Koski-Karell (August 2006). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Orient Point Light Station". New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2010-02-20. See also: "Accompanying four photos".
- "For sale: Waterfront property; cozy, great views, plenty of light, needs TLC". CNN. Retrieved 12 July 2011.
- Beatty, MaryAnne. "GSA Making 12 Historic Lighthouses Available at No Cost to Public Organizations Willing to Preserve Them". GSA Website. US General Services Administration. Retrieved 12 July 2011.
- Smithsonian lighthouse postcards
Media related to Orient Point lighthouse at Wikimedia Commons