Patuxent River State Park
|Patuxent River State Park|
|Location||Howard, Montgomery, Maryland, United States|
|Area||6,703 acres (27.13 km2)|
|Elevation||407 ft (124 m)|
|Operator||Maryland Department of Natural Resources|
|Website||Patuxent River State Park|
Patuxent River State Park is a public recreation area located along the upper reaches of the Patuxent River in Howard and Montgomery counties in Maryland. The state park features hunting, fishing, mountain biking, horseback riding, and hiking on unsigned and untended trails. Planning for the park began in 1963, with the Maryland General Assembly funding land purchases in each year from 1964 to 1968. It is part of the Northeastern coastal forests ecoregion.
- "Patuxent River State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Fiscal Year 2016 DNR Owned Lands Acreage" (PDF). Maryland Department of Natural Resources. July 29, 2016. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- "Patuxent River State Park". Maryland Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- "Maryland State Park History". Maryland Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- Olson, D. M, E. Dinerstein; et al. (2001). "Terrestrial Ecoregions of the World: A New Map of Life on Earth". BioScience. 51 (11): 933–938. doi:10.1641/0006-3568(2001)051[0933:TEOTWA]2.0.CO;2.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Patuxent River State Park.|