Peebles Island State Park
|Peebles Island State Park|
View of the Mohawk River from Peebles Island State Park
|Location||1 Delaware Avenue |
Waterford, New York
|Nearest city||Waterford, New York|
|Area||190 acres (0.77 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||115,344 (in 2014)|
|Website||Peebles Island State Park|
Peebles (Peobles) Island
|Location||Junction of Mohawk and Hudson rivers, Waterford, New York|
|Area||250 acres (100 ha)|
|NRHP reference #||73001265|
|Added to NRHP||October 2, 1973|
Peebles Island State Park is a 190-acre (0.77 km2) state park located at the confluence of the Mohawk and Hudson rivers in New York State. A majority of the park is located in Saratoga County, with a smaller portion located in Albany County.
Peebles Island State Park includes hiking and cross-country ski trails, as well as earthworks dating from the Revolutionary War and a visitors' center detailing the island's industrial history. The park also offers picnic tables with pavilions, river views, and fishing access.
Headquarters for New York State's Bureau of Historic Sites as well as the Bureau of Historic Preservation Field Services are located within the park. Contained within a converted factory complex on the island known as the Peebles Island Resource Center, the headquarters serve as a home to conservators, archaeologists, historians and others tasked with preserving historic locations within New York.
- "Peebles Island State Park". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation, Table O-9". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook (PDF). The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. p. 673. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 16, 2015. Retrieved March 12, 2016.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- "Peebles Island State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- "Peebles Island State Park Trail Map" (PDF). NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- "Grants Announced to Preserve Historic Shipyard and Canal Boat". New York State Education Department Office of Cultural Education (New York State Museum). May 18, 2007. Archived from the original on June 18, 2010. Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- "Bureau of Historic Sites". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- Media related to Peebles Island State Park at Wikimedia Commons
- New York State Parks: Peebles Island State Park
- New York State Bureau of Historic Sites
|This article about a location in Saratoga County, New York is a stub. You can help Deep web by expanding it.|
|This article about a location in Albany County, New York is a stub. You can help Deep web by expanding it.|