Playground 52 is a small park in Longwood, Bronx. Originally built in the 1950s as a playground for MS 52, the playground suffered decay during the 1970s. In 1980, a group of volunteers known as 52 People for Progress began to rehabilitate the park in collaboration with local musicians such as Mike Amadeo and Eddie Palmieri. Although the school was renamed as MS 302 during the 1990s, the playground is still referred to as Playground 52.
Starting in 2017, the Playground underwent renovations including the creation of new basketball courts and a new amphitheater. The renovations were initially expected to be completed in May 2018. It reopened in September 2018.
- Rodriguez, Ana M. (October 28, 2014). "Walking tour highlights salsa's history". Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- Thornell, Christina (November 2, 2015). "South Bronx pushes for cleaner parks". motthavenherald.com. Mott Haven Herald. Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- "Playground 52 in Longwood begins 2nd phase of construction". News 12 The Bronx. August 22, 2017. Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- Wirsing, Robert (August 1, 2016). "Playground 52's Groundbreaking Redevelopment". Bronx Times. Community News Group. Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- "A Woodstock park is back in business". Bronx Times. September 7, 2018. Retrieved August 23, 2019.
|This article about a location in The Bronx, New York is a stub. You can help Deep web by expanding it.|