Postal codes in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a special administrative region of the People's Republic of China. From 1841 to 1997 Hong Kong was under British administration. Hong Kong operates its own domestic postal service, Hongkong Post, which is independent from the Chinese postal system.
Given the compact size, post codes have never been introduced as it was thought that postal workers can effectively manage without.
China Post has earmarked the post code 999077 to be used for Hong Kong.
Addressing postal items
Hongkong Post recommends to address letters using recipient name, flat number, building name, house number, street and village or district.
- "You've got mail ... but no postcode: why so for Hong Kong?". South China Morning Post. 2018-09-29. Retrieved 2019-05-05.
- "Legislative Council Economic Services Panel. Introduction of Postcode System in Hong Kong" (PDF). Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- "LCQ15: Postcode system". www.info.gov.hk. Retrieved 2019-05-05.
- "The Postal Mechanisation System at the Air Mail Centre" (PDF). Report No. 44 of the Director of Audit: 27–28. 22 March 2005.
- "Hongkong Post - Correct Address". www.hongkongpost.hk. Retrieved 2019-05-05.