This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pulwama District shown within Jammu & Kashmir state
|Union territory||Jammu and Kashmir|
|• Total||1,398 km2 (540 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,630 m (5,350 ft)|
|• Density||400/km2 (1,000/sq mi)|
- Awantipora Tehsil
- Pampore Tehsil
- Pulwama Tehsil
- Tral Tehsil
- Rajpora Tehsil
- Aripal Tehsil
- Litter Tehsil
According to the 2011 census Pulwama district has a population of 560,440, roughly equal to the nation of Solomon Islands or the US state of Wyoming. This gives it a ranking of 535th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 598 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,550/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 29.18%. Pulwama has a sex ratio of 913 females for every 1000 males, lower than the national average of 940, and a literacy rate of 65%., slightly higher than the national average of 64.3%.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 28 May 2014. Retrieved 17 December 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Statement showing the number of blocks in respect of 22 Districts of Jammu and Kashmir State including newly Created Districts Archived 2008-09-10 at the Wayback Machine dated 2008-03-13, accessed 2008-08-30
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 1 October 2011.
Solomon Islands 571,890 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 30 September 2011.