Purse State Park
|Purse Area of Nanjemoy WMA|
Purse State Park, February 2017
|Location||Charles, Maryland, United States|
|Area||149 acres (60 ha)|
|Elevation||3 ft (0.91 m)|
|Operator||Maryland Department of Natural Resources|
Purse State Park is a former Maryland state park located on the Potomac River in Charles County that has been subsumed into the 1,365-acre (552 ha) Nanjemoy Wildlife Management Area. As the Purse Area, the former park is known for fossil hunting on the beaches of Wades Bay at the southern end of the Nanjemoy WMA. Fossil discoveries have included shark teeth and Cibicides.
- "Purse State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "FY2013 DNR Owned Lands Acreage Report" (PDF). Maryland Department of Natural Resources. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 27, 2014. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- "Nanjemoy WMA". Maryland Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 17, 2016.
- "Purse State Park". Maryland Department of Natural Resources. Archived from the original on March 2, 2013. Retrieved November 19, 2013.
- "Foraminifera, Purse State Park, Maryland". The Foraminifera.eu-Project. Retrieved November 19, 2013.