|Elevation||1,592 m (5,223 ft)|
|• Official||Urdu, Kashmiri|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Distance from Delhi||858.9 kilometres (533.7 mi)|
|Distance from Mumbai||2,206.7 kilometres (1,371.2 mi)|
Soura is a notified area of Srinagar located about 11.1 km north of Lal Chowk on Srinagar-Ladakh Highway. Soura is famous for Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences Hospital, a multi-speciality hospital. Besides serving as a Hospital, it is the prestigious medical college of Kashmir valley. Soura is located near Anchar Lake. The whole western side of the area is covered by Anchar Lake. It also hosts a famous Muslim shrine known as Aasaar Sharief Jinaab Saahib which holds more than 13 holy relics. Actually it got its name from a Sufi saint whose name is Malik- u-din Suhrawardī Whose shrine is located in suhra.
The area is considered as one of the key education centres in the city. The following is the list of colleges and schools in the area:
- Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences. The college provides course in MBBS. It has 100 seats which are filled by J&K state board for entrance examination by selecting the candidates which qualify Common Entrance Test.
- Government Boys Higher Secondary.
- Government Girls Higher Secondary.
- S M dedicated high school.
- Standard Public High School.
- Ramzan Memorial Educational Institute.
- Zulfkar Public High School.
- Mother Land public school.
- Iqbal Public School.
- Darul Iqra Public School.
- Metro Educational Institute.
- Mahad Al-Lugat-ul Arabia.
Besides these there are several primary and middle schools in Soura.
- "Floods in Kashmir, Army called out". The Times of India. 4 September 2006.
- Handbook of Jammu and Kashmir State Board for entrance examination/Medical Colleges.