Suffolk Downs station (LIRR)

From Deep web, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Suffolk Downs
LocationHampton Bays, New York
Owned byLIRR
Line(s)
Platforms1 island platform
Tracks2
History
Opened1907
Closed1927
RebuiltNo; Station abandoned
Services
None
Preceding station   MTA NYC logo.svg LIRR   Following station
Former services
Canoe Place   Montauk Branch   Shinnecock Hills

Suffolk Downs was a seasonal flag stop along the Montauk Branch of the Long Island Rail Road and was first built in 1907.[1] The depot was purchased by an LIRR employee and was moved to Peconic Bay at an undisclosed location on February 6, 1923 and the station stop itself closed around 1927.[2] The station stop was located between Canoe Place and Shinnecock Hills Stations.

References[edit]

  1. ^ Zeil, Ron; Wettereau, Richard (1988). Victorian Railroad Stations of Long Island. Bridgehampton: Sunrise Special. p. 103. OCLC 19319353.
  2. ^ "LONG ISLAND STATION HISTORY". trainsarefun.com. Archived from the original on 2010-04-08.