The church of Our Lady, in Taverny
Location (in red) within Paris inner and outer suburbs
|Intercommunality||CA Val Parisis|
|• Mayor (2014–2020)||Florence Portelli (UMP)|
|10.48 km2 (4.05 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,500/km2 (6,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||55–188 m (180–617 ft)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Inhabitants are called Tabernacians.
In 1806 the commune of Taverny merged with the neighboring commune of Saint-Leu, resulting in the creation of the commune of Saint-Leu-Taverny.
In 1821 the commune of Saint-Leu-Taverny was demerged. Thus, Taverny and Saint-Leu were both restored as separate communes.
On 30 March 1922, a part of the territory of Taverny was detached and merged with a part of the territory of Montigny-lès-Cormeilles and a part of the territory of Pierrelaye to create the commune of Beauchamp.
Air force base 921
Air force base 921 which hosts the commanders of the French airborne nuclear dissuasion force is situated in former quarries under the Montmorency forest in the commune of Taverny.
- "Populations légales 2017". INSEE. Retrieved 6 January 2020.
- "Florence Portelli candidate à la présidence des Républicains". Le Monde. Agence France-Presse. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taverny.|
- Official website (in French)
- Mérimée database - Cultural heritage (in French)
- Land use (IAURIF)[permanent dead link] (in English)