Template talk:Life in the United States
|WikiProject United States||(Rated Template-class)|
Since someone created this template for a purpose, then that someone should write the purpose here and where they think the template should be used. In articles? In categories? Which ones? Thanks Hmains 03:39, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- I didn't create the template but have written some of the articles on it. The template should be posted on all the articles listed in the template as well as the US article. Signaturebrendel 05:18, 25 July 2006 (UTC)
- what happened to the category of the same name that was created at the same time this template was created? Thanks Hmains 03:38, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
- what this template needs is a good article on 'American people'
I cannot find such an article in WP, however. Just a 'demographics' article; nice, but not satisfying. Most other countries of the world have 'People of (country)' articles. Thanks. Hmains 03:16, 29 July 2006 (UTC).
- Such an article is a good idea but would be tremendous undertaking covering a huge subject. I guess each section would have a link to the article relating to it-perhaps the article would have one section for each subject on the template...hmm... I'll think about it... Signaturebrendel 03:31, 29 July 2006 (UTC)
Suggestion for a new version
I personally like the horizontal style templates more, those are also easier to place in articles. So I made the following version, what do you think?
---Majestic- 23:43, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
- Hmm, I like it! Using the Life template got difficult in my Educational attainment in the United States article. So, I say go ahead and implement the changes! One question though-Is there any way to increase the font size of the articles listed? Regards, Signaturebrendel 00:49, 9 August 2006 (UTC)
It seems like this template has a lot of overlap with Template:United States topics, which is more comprehensive. I would like to have only one of these on the United States article, so I was thinking the easiest thing might be to simply merge them. This template includes many articles from different categories on the "US topics" list. We could either give each category its own navbox, or put the whole US topics box on each of the articles it references. -- Beland 23:44, 19 November 2006 (UTC)
Oppose Of course, there's overlap. The US topics template is supposed to list all US related articles and has gotten so long that probably only few users actually make use of it. The Life in the US template makes navigating the most essential articles to understanding what its like to life in America easy. For the sake of our reader we ought to keep this template. SignaturebrendelNow under review! 01:42, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
oppose this template has great value: it is short and points to 'life of the people' subjects only. Hmains 03:22, 9 December 2006 (UTC)