Tibbetts Point Light
Tibbetts Point Lighthouse
|Location||Tibbetts Point on Lake Ontario at the St Lawrence River|
|Year first lit||1854|
|Tower shape||Conical frustum|
|Markings / pattern||White w/ Black Lantern|
|Tower height||58 feet (18 m)|
|Focal height||69 feet (21 m)|
|Original lens||Fourth Order Fresnel lens|
|Current lens||original lens|
|Range||16 nautical miles (30 km; 18 mi)|
|Characteristic||Occulting White (Oc W 10s)|
|ARLHS number||USA-848 |
|USCG number||7-1735 |
|Heritage||place listed on the National Register of Historic Places|
Tibbetts Point Light
|Location||Cape Vincent, New York|
|Area||5 acres (2.0 ha)|
|MPS||U.S. Coast Guard Lighthouses and Light Stations on the Great Lakes TR|
|NRHP reference #||84002412|
|Added to NRHP||July 19, 1984|
The Tibbetts Point Lighthouse is located in Cape Vincent (town), New York. The land upon which the lighthouse stands is a part of a 600-acre (240 ha) grant of land to Captain John Tibbetts of Troy, New York. The lighthouse is a circular tower that stands 69 feet (21 m) above the water
The current lighthouse was constructed in 1854.
The Tibbetts Point Lighthouse is on the Great Lakes Seaway Trail.
Tibbetts Point Light is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Archives Center at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History has a collection (#1055) of souvenir postcards of lighthouses and has digitized 272 of these and made them available online. These include postcards of Tibbetts Point Light  with links to customized nautical charts provided by National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration.
- ARLHS World List of Lights
- Light List, Volume VII, Great Lakes (PDF). Light List. United States Coast Guard.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. November 2, 2013.
- United States Coast Guard, Fresnel Lenses Still in Operation. Archived 2009-03-25 at Archive-It
- Smithsonian lighthouse postcards
DeWire, Elinor, "Tibbets Point Lighthouse." Mariners Weather Log (Fall 1991), pp. 30–31.
- Oleszewski, Wes. Great Lakes Lighthouses, American and Canadian: A Comprehensive Directory/Guide to Great Lakes Lighthouses, (Gwinn, Michigan: Avery Color Studios, Inc., 1998) ISBN 0-932212-98-0.
- Scott T. Price. "U. S. Coast Guard Aids to Navigation: A Historical Bibliography". United States Coast Guard Historian's Office.
- U.S. Coast Guard. Historically Famous Lighthouses (Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1957).
- Wright, Larry and Wright, Patricia. Great Lakes Lighthouses Encyclopedia Hardback (Erin: Boston Mills Press, 2006) ISBN 1-55046-399-3
Media related to Tibbetts Point Light at Wikimedia Commons
- Tibbetts Point information from the National Park Services Maritime Heritage Program
- Tibbetts Point information from the Lighthouse Getaway
- Lighthouses of the Great Lakes Seaway Trail
- Tibbetts Point Lighthouse
- Lighthouse Friends site
- "Historic Light Station Information and Photography: New York". United States Coast Guard Historian's Office. Archived from the original on 2017-05-01.
- National Park Service Historic Lighthouses
- USCG list of Fresnel lenses still in operation December 2008