Viceroy Dress Company
Viceroy Dress Company was a Manhattan, New York-based women's apparel business located at 1457 Broadway. It relocated to 101 West 37th Street in 1929. The firm was incorporated in October 1928. Its capital was increased by one hundred shares no par in January 1930.
Multiple ventures of founder
The retailer is noteworthy as one of several establishments launched by L. Sinreich in Manhattan in the 1920s. Among other companies founded and funded by this entrepreneur was Lowe Service, a Manhattan mail advertising establishment he helped start in May 1924. Its initial capital outlay was $100,000 in capital. Others were the Palandel Corporation, a merchandising concern begun with 10,000 common, no par, in January 1927, and Review Barber Shop, located at 149 Broadway.
- "New Incorporations", New York Times, October 31, 1928, p. 58.
- "Corporate Changes", New York Times, January 12, 1930, p. 50.
- "New York Charters", New York Times, May 14, 1924, p. 28.
- "New Incorporations", New York Times, January 9, 1927, p. E20
- "New Incorporations", New York Times, December 8, 1927, p. 50.