Vischer Ferry Nature and Historic Preserve
The Vischer Ferry Nature and Historic Preserve is a 740-acre (3.0 km2) site (including submerged areas) along the Mohawk River in the Town of Clifton Park, New York, near the hamlet of Vischer Ferry. It is owned by the New York State Canal Corporation, but Clifton Park maintains its extensive trail system under a special lease arrangement. The preserve also is known as Vischer Ferry Bird Conservation Area.
The preserve includes an original section of the Erie Canal and towpath, constructed in 1825. The main entrance to the preserve includes an 1862 Whipple Truss Bridge, a design commonly used to cross the Erie Canal.
Numerous migratory bird species and at-risk bird species use the preserve as habitat. Among these species are:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vischer Ferry Nature and Historic Preserve.|
- NY DEC website
- Byways American website
- David Behm, A Field Guide to Wildflowers - Vischer Ferry Nature and Historic Preserve (PDF), 2010
|This article about a location in Saratoga County, New York is a stub. You can help Deep web by expanding it.|