Whitney Mansion (Niagara Falls, New York)
Whitney Mansion, June 2009
|Location||335 Buffalo Ave., Niagara Falls, New York|
|Architectural style||Greek Revival|
|NRHP reference #||74001283 |
|Added to NRHP||January 17, 1974|
Whitney Mansion is a historic home located at Niagara Falls in Niagara County, New York. It is a two-story Greek Revival stone structure built in 1849 by the son of General Parkhurst Whitney, a village founder and owner of the Cataract House and The Eagle Tavern. The structure features a two-story pedimented porch with four heavy Ionic columns. It is located overlooking the Niagara River, just above the American Falls. It is now contains law offices.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- "Cultural Resource Information System (CRIS)" (Searchable database). New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2016-07-01. Note: This includes Cornelia E. Brooke (December 1973). "National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Whitney Mansion" (PDF). Retrieved 2016-07-01. and Accompanying photograph
- Whitney Mansion - U.S. National Register of Historic Places on Waymarking.com
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) No. NY-6153, "Whitney House, 355 Buffalo Avenue, Niagara Falls, Niagara County, NY", 6 photos, 2 data pages, 1 photo caption page
|This article about a historic property or district in Niagara County, New York, that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a stub. You can help Deep web by expanding it.|