Wind power in Delaware
The potential of on-shore wind power in Delaware is minimal, having a potential of generating at most 22 GWh/year. Delaware's principal wind potential is from offshore wind. A 2012 assessment estimates that 15,038 MW of offshore wind turbines could generate 60,654 GWh/year. Delaware generated 11,522 GWh from all generating sources in 2011.
As of the end of 2016, 2 MW of large scale wind capacity had been constructed in Delaware. There were no projects under construction. Five thousand Megawatt-hours of electricity were produced by wind power in 2015 within the state. A single 256-foot tall, 210-ton turbine at the University of Delaware in Lewes was built in 2010 for generating and educational purposes
The state of Delaware ran a request for proposals (RFP) during 2006-2007 that is notable as the first known RFP, world-wide, in which offshore wind power competed equally against coal and natural gas power alternatives.
The Delaware Offshore Wind Farm was a proposed project which did not advance. Two other off shore wind farms are proposed for offshore Delaware, one supplying energy to Maryland and the other to New Jersey.
|Offshore BOEM wind energy lease area||coordinates||Developer/Utility||Turbines||States||Regulatory agency||Refs|
|16.9 nautical miles-19.5 miles (31.4 km) from coast opposite area south of Indian River Outlet and Fenwick Island||26,332 acres (10,656 ha)||Ørsted||GE Wind Energy 10 12MW GE Haliade-X||MD||Maryland PSC|||
|Garden State Offshore Energy||Offshore Delaware
OC-A 482 
|opposite Rehobeth Beach between Indian River Outlet and Cape Henlopen||Ørsted||NJ|||
- Renewable Energy Technical Potential
- Electric Power Monthly February 2012 Table 5.4.B.
- "U.S. Wind Industry Fourth Quarter 2016 Market Report". American Wind Energy Association. American Wind Energy Association. January 26, 2017.
- "U.S. Wind Industry Fourth Quarter 2016 Market Report". U.S. Energy Information Administration. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- "Offshore Wind Power Delaware Project".
- "Delaware Activities | Bureau of Ocean Energy Management".
- "Skipjack - Offshore Wind Farm Project | 4C Offshore". www.4coffshore.com.
- Rentsch, Julia. "Taller, more distant turbines put Ocean City offshore wind projects back under state review". Delmarva Daily Times.
- "Maryland PSC Gives Go-Ahead to US Wind, Deepwater Wind Projects". Offshore Wind. May 11, 2017.
- "Garden State Offshore Energy - Offshore Wind Farm Project | 4C Offshore". www.4coffshore.com.