Wind power in North Dakota
As of the end of 2017, 2996 megawatts (MW) of generation capacity had been installed for wind power in North Dakota. Additional capacity had been limited by transmission line constraints until the completion of a transmission line from Fargo to central Minnesota in 2015. Additional wind farms are once again planned for the state.
Very favorable wind conditions in the state enable wind farms to achieve capacity factors in excess of 40 percent. The Thunder Spirit wind farm, completed in 2015, is expected to have a capacity factor greater than 45 percent.
List of wind farms in North Dakota
The following is a partial list of North Dakota wind farms.
|Ashtabula Wind Farm||196|
|Baldwin Wind Farm||102|
|Bison Wind Energy Center||497||2015|
|Brady Wind Farm (i & ii)||299||2016|
|Courtenay Wind Farm||200||2016|
|Langdon Wind Energy Center||159|
|Lindahl Wind Farm||150||2017|
|Luverne Wind Farm||169.5|
|New Frontier Wind||99||2019|
|Oliver Wind Energy Center||98.6|
|Prairie Winds Wind Farm||122.6|
|Rugby Wind Farm||149.1|
|Sunflower Wind Farm||109||2016|
|Tatanka Wind Farm||91.5*|
- * In North Dakota
- "North Dakota Wind Energy". U.S. Wind Energy State Facts. American Wind Energy Association. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "CapX Quarterly, Feb. 2014" (PDF). CapX2020. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- Nordex to supply 43, 2.5 MW turbines for Thunder Spirit project in North Dakota
- Montana-Dakota Utilities Acquires Thunder Spirit Wind Farm
- Bison Wind Energy Center
- 2016 AWEA Fourth Quarter Market Report Public Version
- "FERC Electric Infrastructure Update". Electric Light and Power. PennWell Corporation. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "Wind farm approved for Tioga". WDAY. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Enel's Lindahl Wind Farm Kicks Off Operations In North Dakota". nawindpower.com. Zackin Publications, Inc. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "New Frontier Wind Comes Online in North Dakota". North American Windpower. Retrieved 13 January 2019.
- Nordex wind turbines ordered for North Dakota project
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wind power in North Dakota.|