|Union Territory||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Jukura, also known as Zukura, is the notified area and town in Srinagar district of the Indian union territory of Jammu and Kashmir. The town is the integral part of Hajratbal constituency. The area is located about 12 km from commercial center of the Kashmir Valley. The area provides at least two major road links which connects municipal committee of Ganderbal with Srinagar.
The area is located 12 km towards North from the commercial center of Srinagar.
The key event among all the brutal killings was Zukura Massacre. The Massacre was the killing of protesters calling for the implementation of a United Nations resolution regarding a plebiscite in Kashmir at Zakura Crossing in Srinagar on 1 March 1990.
Institute of Asian Medical Sciences
The college is considered as one of the top medical colleges in valley. It provided major role and contribution in 2014 Kashmir floods, it was the only college in which vaccine injections were not destroyed by floods. It saved the life of many human beings.
- "introduction about Zukura Srinagar". Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "indiamapia.com". Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- http://www.greaterkashmir.com/news/2010/Mar/2/march-1-1990-zakura-massacre-51.asp[permanent dead link]
- "pincode.net". Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "education in zukura". Retrieved 5 January 2015.